Tuesday 13 November 2018

Farewell, my dear friends


This blog has been a trusted friend for many years. I started it when I was still in high school and by the time I really got into blogging, it seemed too late to change the cutesy name.

This blog really has given me a lot: confidence in my writing, a repository of non-academic work, a record of what I was thinking in some of the most important years of my life, and just sheer joy. I experienced the joy of writing here like nowhere else. Thoughts was never a chore; it was always something I looked forward to with happy anticipation.

But it is time to let go.

I am not the girl who created this blog anymore. For quite a while I've been trying, and failing, to resume blogging here. I slowly realized that I had outgrown my dear old pal - neither the aesthetics nor the past content really reflect who I am now, although I will always be proud of what I've created here.

But my farewell is not really to you, my readers, who, though largely invisible, have mostly stuck with me through the years. You can keep following me here, on my new blog, Call A Rose a Rose.

My goodbye is to this dear old blog that represents a very precious time in my life. I will never forget you, friend, no matter how shiny a successor comes along.

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment